About Savor Each Glass and Colorado's North Fork Sommelier
Tynan Szvetecz, EWS, SWI
I'd like to give you a little background on who I am and what I do.
My name is Tynan Szvetecz, and I am a wine nerd. I am an Executive Wine Sommelier and Senior Wine Instructor certified through the International Wine Guild, one of the few state-accredited wine schools in the United States. I'm also a Candidate for Master Sommelier, which is a fancy way of saying I passed a five wine double-blind tasting.*
*This is one of the psychotic practices in the wine world where fancy looking, intimidating people ask you to identify a wine's grape, country of origin, region within that country, and vintage within 2 years based on only what you smell, see and taste in the glass. It's an intellectual chess match where one wrong assumption can run you completely off course. It involves things like panic, sweating, self-esteem crisis management and other fun character building activities.
Presently I live on Colorado's Western Slope, in Paonia, where I teach public and professional wine classes and help the local wine makers improve their outreach. I also am the managing partner in an internet marketing company called Commerce Kitchen that focuses on outreach for the Wine Industry all over the country, using Community Management and Social Networking tools.
At Savor Each Glass, you can:
- Learn about local Food & Wine events in the North Fork Valley
- Sign-up for wine classes all over Colorado’s western slope
- Put together a Colorado wine tour in Paonia or Grand Junction (hike, bike or float!)
- Hire your own personal sommelier for special events
- Join our exclusive email list featuring upcoming classes, area events and wine tips
- Hire a certified wine judge to manage, or take part in, wine judging competitions
- Hire a consultant to help optimize and build your store or restaurant’s wine business
- Arrange staff training workshops to teach your staff proper wine service at your restaurant or wine-bar